Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing #10: Online Image Generator

The generators were very simple to use and if I am ever working on a project that requires graphics there were lots of places to search. I posted one of the word generators that I played with. To be perfectly honest I do not see a lot of use for this in my curriculum and projects. While it is nice to know these are out there (I did not realize that), I hated this assignment because I could see no practical application to my daily life and felt decidedly uncreative. I keep trying to think what necessary skill set use of this tool adds to my curriculum and coming up blank. I could see how you could use these to spruce up presentations but after tracking down video clips, simulations, and typing in formulas that actually add to the skill set - finding just the right graphic is not a priority. Sorry to sound so negative - I really am trying to keep an open mind but this activity almost had me tossing in the towel. After abandoning the generator search to look for something useful, I did stumble across a great site (http://phet.colorado.edu/teacher_ideas/index.php) that had a ton of useful simulations with suggestions on how to best implement them in an active classroom.

No comments: